We’re starting to hit it hard for the summer, with training four days a week and runs on Saturday mornings! We’re expanding our reach with new program participants and have an ambitious events schedule, including a Bike Ride for Peace on August 17th, a Back-to-School Giveaway on September 2nd, and a 10-year anniversary celebration of our founding sometime in September.
But, we can’t do this alone! Your support helps us continue to offer our programming at no cost to youth. Some of our most pressing needs:
- New or gently used cubby hole organizers or a small bank of lockers
- 20 New or gently used reusable water bottles
- Gatorade or Propel drink powder
- Healthy non-perishable snacks (granola bars, nuts, etc.)
- New or gently used mid- or regular-sized refrigerator or drink cooler
- Large workout mats to cover our floor (to cover approx. 15′ x 25′)
- 20 Bottle holders for bikes
- New or gently used mid-sized portable BlueTooth speaker with long play time, that we can bring on our bike rides
- Gift cards (for gas) from Sam’s Club or Shell
- New or gently used camping equipment (we would love to take the team camping!) – tents, sleeping bags, air mattresses
- Bulk school supplies (new) for our back-to-school giveaway – book bags, notebooks, folders, pens, pencils, crayons, washable markers, glue sticks, kids’ scissors, pencil boxes (or gift cards to support the purchase of same) – we’ll be stuffing bags to make sure kids have everything they need!
- Silent auction items for our anniversary event – gift cards, event tickets, gift baskets – just about anything goes!
You can arrange for pickup or drop-off of items by email (email@example.com) or call or text (Coach Brown: 773-310-1743, or Julie: 847-309-1651), or have items shipped to Boxing Out Negativity c/o Derek Brown, 4059 W. 21st St., Chicago, IL 60623
We do have an Amazon wish list with ideas for some of the items: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/35FF5XKRNSIDL?ref_=wl_share
And, we always accept donations via PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/D7p
Thanks to all those who continue to make our programming possible!
*Photo compliments of Connor Candids Photography – check out their great work and keep them in mind for your next event! https://www.facebook.com/connorcandids/